Phil Thompson is a 'front of the front-end' engineer living & working in London.
- Coding rich single-page-applications (SPAs) with ReactJS and TypeScript and testing with both Cypress and React Testing Library.
- Creating responsive and accessible HTML/CSS templates (which load quickly).
- Building responsive HTML prototypes and style-guides/pattern libraries.
- Leading dev teams to stay motivated, meet deadlines, and deliver quality code.
- Writing bespoke WordPress & Shopify themes.
Phil provides web accessibility consultancy services under the name A11y is Everything.
- Reviewing code and designs and suggest alterations to improve accessibility
- Test websites with JAWS on Windows and VoiceOver on MacOS/iOS to notice issues
- Help development teams to create accessible UI components by reviewing PRs
- Help design teams to create accessible designs by reviewing designs and feeding back on WCAG guidelines against the designs.
Ecommerce (Shopify) consultancy
Phil provides ecommerce (Shopify) consultancy services under the name Safra.
- Writing Shopify themes.
Development process (vanilla)
making use of
BEM syntax for his CSS (as well as alphabetising
his CSS declarations).
The code for this site is
available on GitHub for your perusal. It is a simple
PHP template (for easy header/footer
includes) 11ty static website that makes use of Github actions to deploy to a virtual private server with
Continuous Integration (CI).
Development process (ReactJS)
Phil Thompson builds ReactJS single-page apps (SPAs) with Create React App and TypeScript.
Using either plain CSS or CSS-in-JS (either emotion or styled-components) for styling.
Working with established agencies like Friday, Fluxx, and Tribal Worldwide in London, 383 Project in Birmingham, cxpartners in Bristol, AREA 17 in New York/Paris, Code Computerlove and LOVE in Manchester has given Phil the opportunity to perfect his skills on global brands like HSBC, Playstation, EA Games, Diageo, The Rolling Stones, The BBC, and Volkswagen.
Nice things people have said
Phil is a highly skilled developer and quickly became an invaluable member of the team on a challenging project. He has a great working attitude and I would definitely hire him again.
Daisy Thurston-Gent, former Operations Manager, Tribal Worldwide London
If you have project that you think would be suited to Phil then you can email him: email@example.com